Tuesday 13 March 2012

Introduction

Hello, and welcome to my blog about Fair Trade! This blog is an assignment for Anthropology 207, Social and Cultural Anthropology. With this blog, I hope to learn more about Fair trade and I hope to answer some questions I have about Fair Trade, such as what Fair Trade means to people of different backgrounds, ethnicities or classes and what it means for the producers of Fair Trade products versus consumers of Fair Trade products. I also hope to find out what effects or influences Fair Trade has over the relationships between different groups of people as well as between the people and their governments or large corporations, and how power plays into these relationships. Lastly, I would also like to explore the ways in which Fair Trade has been protested for or against and whether or not it has been the cause of any great conflict.

I hope you enjoy my blog and that you learn something valuable from it!


No comments:

Post a Comment